Saturday, June 21, 2008

Character Creation

Wow the classes and races are very different in 4th edition. What was intended to simplify the game has actually made each class fairly complex. Fortunately, most players start with one character, and can adjust accordingly.

One thing that has come up recently is rolling for stats vs. the point system. Being an old school player, I have always felt that rolling for stats is a good, random, exciting way to make your character. Whereas the point system is like an attempt at simply making everyone the same. I have come to accept the point system to a degree, but certainly don't find the creation process as exciting.

The new races, Dragonborn, Elderin, and Tiefling are all very cool in their own ways. While the old races got a bit of a face lift. The new classes Warlock and Warlord are also interesting variations, and I look forward to future race/class players handbooks. I will review the races soon, followed by the classes.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Classic :-)

I want a shirt just like that for my kid (when I have one) and a matching one for me with higher stats.

Joseph said...

I know, right!? Pretty cool stuff.